Sunday, September 20, 2015

The one with the church attendance ! September 20, 2015

This week has been pretty great :)


We had 2 investigators come to church yesterday... which is 2 more than we've had for the last couple weeks so it's progress :D hooray!! Also there's a recent convert in our ward named Sister Elena and she's so cute and I love her :) she's a little old lady and every time she sees us she gives us a big hug and does that asian thing where instead of kissing you they sniff your cheek. She's my favorite. 

It's still real hot but I'm still alive :) I like, radiate heat though. Like freaking Eric. I'm pretty sure I could give someone heat stroke by touching them. I never thought I'd miss winter... le sigh. Oh, and the dragonfruit here is pink on the inside! I was expecting white. T'was shocking.

People really love singing here, which is great. I love singing! And I can honestly say I've never heard a song sung in so many different keys. At the same time. After having worked at an elementary school where 3rd graders sang the nation anthem everyday. Yep :) and videoke is big. We hear people on like, every street corner singing real loud. Ees great :) Except they have interesting song mixes here... last I checked, Talk Dirty to Me shouldn't even be a song, much less mixed with We Wish You a Merry Christmas. Speaking of which, Christmas music has begun. BRING IT ON. 

There's also a lot of animals here. I love animals. Especially baby animals. I GOT TO HOLD A BABY GOAT AND IT WAS PERFECT. And there's a ridiculous amount of chickens running around (which reminds me, Ani add Link to my cosplay pinterest!). 

So I found a lovely scripture in personal study the other day. 2 Ne 31:3. And I love it because it says that Heavenly Father speaks to us in our understanding- we don't have to know everything all at once :) like 2 Ne 28:30 says, He gives knowledge to us line upon line, precept upon precept, and as long as we're using what we know, He'll give us more :)

-In Jacob 5, he talks about the good fruit vs the wild fruit of the olive trees. What's the difference? Why is the wild fruit bad? I feel like it doesn't mean as much to me since I don't understand the difference. Like when people tell me they only like Pepsi.

Also here's my address if anyone needs it :)
The postal address is 

Philippines Urdaneta Mission
PO Box 7
Brgy. San Vicente East
Urdaneta City
Pangasinan 2428
Philippines

and the package/parcel address is

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Philippines Urdaneta Mission
Brgy. San Vicente Street
Urdaneta City
Pangasinan 2428
Philippines

Mahal kita!

No comments:

Post a Comment