Saturday, November 7, 2015

The One With the Kept Commitment - October 11, 2015

GenCon was the best :) I loved all of it! I really loved Elder Holland's and Elder Foster's talks ^_^ They gave me the feels x100. And also Elder Durrant's talk about ponderizing :)

Maribel came to church this week!! I'm so happy! We've been teaching her since my first week here. I was actually really worried we'd have to drop her soon cause she hasn't been coming to church, and I didn't want to give up on her :) and she came to GenCon yesterday!! Happy day!

Another thing that makes me happy is what I call the Banal na Sandwich. It's peanut butter on one side, nutella on the other, with strawberry jam in the middle, and it's all toasted to toasty nummy perfection. I also drink what may be near-lethal amounts of MoguMogu and I regret nothing <3 it's my favorite. And Mango Tang. Why they missed out on the prime opportunity to call it Tango I'll never know.

So pretty much I'm tired like 78% of the time. At this point I'm kind of hoping I'll find out that I've got some weird sleep disorder that requires that I get at least ten hours of sleep a night and that's why I'm so sleepy all the time. And then I'll have a valid excuse for when I sleep for 11 hours with a 3 hour nap around four o clock.
 
I wrote "Our Search for Happiness" in my notes for things to include in this email... but I don't remember why. It's really good though :) I finished it this week. Maybe you should read it and figure out what it was I wanted to share.

Oh, and whenever people are talking about neighbors/family/friends who have moved to America I always picture early 1900s America, not modern-day America. Sometimes I forget how time works. It's fine.

So short rant, I really dislike the phrase "You'd be prettier if..." because there are so many people everywhere who have super low self esteem and never feel like they're good enough, and there are so many conflicting views on how you should look. "You'd be prettier if you (wore more/less makeup) (had shorter/longer hair) (lost/gained weight) (etc.)". Whatever it is, just remember that it isn't your job to please other people! You're beautiful just the way you are and if someone tells you otherwise you can throw an egg at their face ^_^

Also I'm grateful for the Plan of Salvation :) One of the recent converts in our ward just passed away. He's a funny old man named Brother Virgilio :) I bet he can see now and is laughing at me as I learn Tagalog and a little bit of Ilokano and hold people's baby goats :) I'm pretty sure my life is a sitcom on the other side of the veil. And my future kids are like MOM WHY. The end :) 

As always, mahal ko kayo! Siyemps na kambing. That's totes magotes sa tagalog. I know, cause I thought of it myself. Please enjoy these pictures of me and David Bowie.

-Sister Paige Laretta Burton




No comments:

Post a Comment