Saturday, November 7, 2015

The One With the Nephites - October 25, 2015

Hello!! If anyone was wondering, I'm still alive :) except the storm took every bit of cool air with it and it's SO. HOT. 

AGAIN.

On the upside, one of my favorite days is coming up this week! :D Happy Halloween!! I don't get to dress up though. Sad. BUT we do have 2 baptisms that day :) and that's even better! I'm excited and they're excited.

Also I'm almost done with training ^_^ 2 weeks early b/c short transfer!! :D HA!! It's helpful, but I just really don't care for training all that much :) 

This week was Sister Vanisi's birthday, so I had to wake up at 5:30 to make Chocolate Things to surprise her with. I'm perfectly fine with cooking for people, but no one should ever have to suffer waking up at the "buttcrack of dawn" as Shelley and Wilcock would so eloquently put it. The Chocolate Things turned out good though :) it's chocolate pancake mix that we fry just enough that it's still gooey inside. Pretty tasty :) except I forgot to tell comp o' mine not to dump out my frying oil, so... I don't have any more oil to fry things in, which is disappointing. But she was just trying to be helpful by washing the dishes, so it's alright.

I have time to cook things now!! Happy day! Cause they have us in at 8:30, so I have a lot of time for making things. And I successfully made alfredo sauce <3 flour, oil, canned milk, garlic bread powder, shredded "cheese" (they call it cheese but it's more processed than my hair is). Anywho. Not too shabby, eh? I also eat a ridiculous amount of peanut butter here. Why didn't I like peanut butter before? Why do I like it here??

So the other day a trike driver stopped us and (as far as I understood and from what comp translated) he was like "Hey sisters, where are your other three companions?" and we're like "...what other companions? The other sisters?" And he was like "No, the three guys!" So Sister Antenorcruz asked what he was talking about and he said he saw us walking with three big guys before. So... we're thinking probably the 3 Nephites have got our backs. Cause missionary work.

Speaking of Nephites, I've been reading in Alma this week (still...) and I really liked Alma 43:45. The whole chapter, really. It talks about how the Nephites were defending their homes, liberties, families, and their freedom to worship, and how that was a righteous cause worth fighting for. It got me thinking- are we fighting for things that are worth fighting for? The world is so crazy sometimes, and we get caught up in the little things that don't matter so much. And Alma 48: 11-17 lays out the attributes of Moroni, "a man whose soul did joy in the liberty and the freedom of his country, and his brethren." He was firm in the faith of Christ, and did all that he could and needed to to defend that faith. "Yea, verily, verily, I say unto you, if all men had been, and were, and ever would be, like unto Moroni, behold, the very powers of hell would have been shaken forever; yea, the devil would never have power over the hearts of the children of men." So... where are we? :)

Love you all at least all the muchness!! 
-Sister Burton


No comments:

Post a Comment