Tuesday, February 9, 2016

The One Where Everyone Freezes - Dec. 20, 2015

Hello po dearests! This week has been cold :) I love it! It rained for like 2 days straight and I was actually cold! I mean, I've been cold here before but that's because of the aircon at the stake center so that doesn't count. But we got home on Wednesday night and I wore a hoodie and it was the best <3

Also! I finished the Book of Mormon this week :) first time on the mish! Hoorah! Finishing the Book of Mormon is awesome, especially when your family is the best and sends you Jaffa Cakes :) Scriptures and Jaffa Cakes should go hand-in-hand, because scriptures make you happy, and Jaffa Cakes taste like happiness. Like the feeling you get when you take the first bite of shepherds pie! Just like a hug for your soul :3

Speaking of food, the promise that if you open your mouth it'll be filled is so true ;) haha! SO many dinner appointments this week! Ano ba?? Anyway. It's great.

So remember two years ago when I went to the Messiah sing-in practice and I was crazy lost and couldn't sight sing to save my life? Still bad at reading music. BUT. The song we sang at that particular practice was For Unto Us a Child is Born, and guess what MoTab sang at the Christmas Devotional? Yep! So my kabahays downloaded it and it's all they listen to. I think at first it was one of those songs where you listen to it cause you think it's silly, and before you know it you know every single word. At any rate, we've listened to it on repeat at basically every opportunity, and we're ready for the sing-in now. SO READY.

Also there's a Peanuts movie? Why was I not told about this?? Y'all are supposed to tell me about important things that happen :P I had to find out from a Happy Meal board at McDo. But I forgive you.

In happy news, Malyn and Manilyn are getting baptized this weekend! Hooray! Manilyn is Waken's little sister, and she's awesome :) and Malyn is... Malyn :) haha it's been a long time in the making but it's finally here! And she's SO excited! I made her a dress for the occasion :) I have to fix it though, I'm still way bad at guessing neck hole sizes... 

Also yesterday Sister Montenegro was like "Hey, recite the Young Womens theme" and I was like "Ha yeah, okay." Cause after reciting it every week for 6 years I know it by heart, right? So I started off "We are daughters of our Heavenly Father, who loves us, and we love Him. We will stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things and in all places, as we strive to live the young women values, which are: Faith, divine nature, individual worth, knowledge, temperance, patience, brotherly kindness, godliness, charity, humility, diligence. Ask and ye shall-- WAIT." Missions change you :P haha! 

Love you all!
-Sister Burton

(I'd send awesome pictures but my card reader has passed on :P)

No comments:

Post a Comment