Tuesday, February 9, 2016

The One with the Malawakang Punting (and the birthday) - Nov 15, 2015

This week has been ridiculous :P pretty much Sunday through Tuesday we were punted on almost every lesson we'd planned. Then Wednesday was good cause we got a new investigator for my birthday! Then Thursday through Sunday were fairly unproductive too... it was weird. Like, we've never had this many plans fall through. Also sometimes we get to their houses to teach a part member family and the investigators leave... Tatay George saw us see him and escaped out the back before we got to the door. Eesh. Anyway, this week will be better :)

The language is coming a little better, but sometimes people say stuff that I would normally understand but I'm just like "I can't *plllbbbbt* understand *pppllllbbbttt* your accent *plllbbbbbbttttt*" so they think I don't speak tagalog at all. But it's fine, I'm making progress X) Anywho...

I'm really good at making cookies now. So I made chocolate chip cookies for my birthday :D speaking of which, my kabahays surprised me with loud noises and decorations and cake when I woke up on Wednesday. Twas fun :) except I tasted like morning and looked like death. But I had chocolate cake for breakfast :) 

Anyway, something I really liked from my studies this week was Helaman 5:6-7 where Helaman is talking to his sons, Nephi and Lehi, about their namesakes and how he wants them to be good like the first Nephi and Lehi :) and it's really important for us to remember that when we're baptized, we take Christ's name upon us. So we should always be trying to live in a way that we honor the name that we've taken upon ourselves :)

Yep yep!
Stay classy
-Sister Paige Laretta Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment